THIS TOO GUYS. BE SAFE.
This is sorta manditory to reblog.
This joint kills you faster than the bubonic plaque. True
This is so terrifying 😢
CultureHISTORY: The Man from #Ferguson
On August 13th, when all hell broke loose in Ferguson, a local photographer captured this photo which has gone nationwide. It’s an image of a black man with dreads wearing an American flag shirt, throwing a tear gas canister back at the police officers while holding a bag of chips. He later said that he was only trying to get the canister away from him and some kids standing nearby.
His name is Edward (all we know so far) and he has become sort of a folk hero. Once people found him on Twitter, the salutes have not stopped and his feed is full ‘thank yous’ and respect from around the U.S. and the world. An artist has already done a rendering as a painting. Something about this photo has captivated people beyond any other and it’s become an iconic image of the protests. I suspect he’ll be hitting the media circuits soon. Now that he’s gone national, he was thinking of changing his handle but people convinced him to leave it as is. Twitter: @eyeFLOODpanties.
Proof that someone’s social media personality, personal photos, life or stereotypical cultural actions through these vapid mediums does DOES NOT mean they do not stand for justice, do not wish to be terrorized, do not wish to be killed. Yes, his twitter name is vulgar, yes he’s black, has dreads and is eating a bag of chips in this iconic photo…..but if you can see all of those attributes easily leading one to believe negative connotations then you will have to admit that you also see a young black man fighting for what he believes is freedom and what is right….he’s wearing an American flag t-shirt for christ’s sake, how fucking more symbolic can this photo be. Even at a basic level if you disagree with the reason for this movement, you will have the respect and decency to recognize that we are only doing what we believe is just. Bring attention to the issue, stop the violence. At a very basic level, people are dying easily and don’t have to, don’t try to justify your argument by changing it to something else, wrong is wrong. Just admit that.
Tell me the dead man was a fleeing criminal, okay? Tell me that the cop thought he had a gun, okay? Tell me then if someone shot you with a gun (specifically a police officer), would you stop resisting? Would you raise your hands in mercy? YOU PROBABLY WOULD, RIGHT?????
Now after applying ALL of that logic in the worst case scenario for you as a criminal, would you expect to get shot with your hands raised?
^^For your friends with less melanin in their skin and bullshit arguments.
A gunmen and killer shooting up a theater can be wounded, captured and escorted out, but an wounded unarmed black man does not even have the chance to give up and go to jail. #WakeUpAmerica
PLEASE REBLOG IN SUPPORT OF THE MESSAGE!!!!!!
PLEASE REBLOG IN SUPPORT OF THE MESSAGE!!!!!!
i promise to reblog this every time it shows up on my dash
every single person who reblogs this
will get “doot doot” in their ask box
I WANT TO KNOW YOUR SECRETSERIOUSLY THOUGH WHAT ARE YOU
I GOT THIS AND I WAS LIKE WHAT THE FUCK
there are over 128,000 notes and i still got one
i reblogged this less than 2 minutes ago
how the actual fuck
stephs face lmao
Video reblogged from with 25,085 notes
PTAF just released their new video for Boss Ass Bitch on VEVO
They did a scene in the beauty supply buying weave, yes
So here for this
i literally clapped when i watched this scene and i just had to
Post reblogged from with 699,587 notes
A writer for the new york times interviewed a series of people who had survived jumping off the golden gate bridge. Every person she interviewed admitted that about two thirds of the way down, they realized that every seemingly meaningless problem that caused them to jump was fixable.
Every single one.
this gave me chills.
Reblogging this again because it matters.
When I was little I thought being an adult meant not having a bed time but I’ve come to realize that it just means being in charge of my own bed time and it turns out that I am not equipped to handle that responsibility.
Quote reblogged from with 102,062 notes
1. Who you are now is not who you will be in 10 years. It is okay to be somebody new 10 minutes from now. We are always learning. We are always growing. If you realized 10 seconds ago that you don’t like who you are, shed your skin, retry, replant yourself in good soil.
2. Cleaning is instant therapy. When your brain is muddy, take a shower, wash your hands, change your clothes. Spend 15 minutes straightening your living room. When you are angry, scrub things. I know it’s crazy but it works instantly.
3. Forgive someone’s debt if it’s under 50 dollars, forgive the small things, give a little time to yourself and forgive the big things too. Forgiveness isn’t about the other person, it’s about you. That being said - if someone ever hurts you in a way that would make me cry to know, you get out of there, my love. You just get up and go.
4. Gum karma is real and if you spit out a piece in public expect to find some on your shoe in the future. Same goes for insults and harsh judgement, too.
5. Do what you love and the money will follow.
6. Live your life with an open palm and give as much as you can and as often. At some point in your life, someone will lend you 50 bucks when you’re down on your luck. Remember how that feels. Remember to give that back.
7. Always wear clean underwear. You’ll thank me later.
8. There is a difference between being kind and being passive and there are those who cannot see that difference. They will try to walk all over you. Never bend your knees for those who do.
9. Have faith. Have faith in god or people or yourself or science or in luck or in all of the above. Faith is what keeps us going, faith is what keeps us strong.
10. Pay your bills on time whenever you can, although money is nothing. Remind yourself that.
11. Do not forget you were once ignorant of all you know now. Be patient of anyone who hasn’t had the education you have. Speak at the level of the person you are with - it’s not playing dumb, it’s being considerate. There’s no reason to make them feel uncomfortable. Plus then when someone starts going off about their superior IQ, you can cut them to pieces and watch their face when you do.
12. You are the best person in the room for one particular thing, and that’s confidence. You are the worst person in the room for another thing, and that’s humility. Use both carefully.
13. Never make fun of someone’s beliefs or superstitions, let your kid keep their imaginary friend and let your best buddy believe in knocking on wood. We all have security blankets. Don’t take away someone else’s.
14. Try to learn something new every day.
15. The worse you look, the more likely you are to run into someone you know so instead of feeling awkward, learn to be confident in sweats while talking to your friends.
16. Never go to bed angry, it will ruin your sleep and make tomorrow even harder. Find a way to relax. Don’t let today get to your head.
17. Think before you speak. When someone says something, mull over their words before answering. This is called listening, it is different than hearing.
18. What keeps love beautiful is that there’s risk involved. If he breaks your heart and it doesn’t hurt, it wasn’t love in the first place.
19. Never let someone else determine who you are or how happy. You are too strong to be torn apart.
20. I love you, even when we are fighting, even when I am fast asleep. Don’t doubt it for an instant. You are my everything.
Page 1 of 57